A Friendly Compounding Pharmacy In La Jolla, San Diego
Chemists, doctors, physicians, and other medical professionals have been compounding drugs since the 1800s, creating customized medications for their patients. With the advance of technology, large-scale manufacturing increased, and compounding? Well, it did the opposite.
Large-scale corporate pharmacies are great at mass-producing generic medications, but what if you need more than a generic medication? When your health requires more than what the local supermarket stocks on its shelves, you can turn to Eldahmy Wellness Pharmacy, your local, family-owned compounding pharmacy.
What Is A Compound Pharmacy?
A compounding pharmacy is specially equipped to alter dosages and forms of prescription medications to make them better suited to a patient’s needs. These pharmacies create compounded medications that are specially designed doses and forms of drugs that are created to meet a patient’s individualized desires and needs. Oftentimes, patients can even decide what form they receive their medication in (i.e. liquid, capsules, powders, etc.).
At registered compounding pharmacies such as Eldahmy Wellness Pharmacy, highly skilled and trained pharmacists mix quality ingredients together to create the medications you need. We work closely with your prescribing doctor to ensure that your medication is both safe and effective so you can enjoy your healthiest life.
What Are the Benefits of Compounded Medications?
One of the most significant benefits compounded medications provide is the ability to cater to the unique needs and desires of patients. Other benefits may include, but aren’t limited to:
- Reduced side effects and reactions. Mass-produced prescriptions may contain problematic dyes, preservatives, and other ingredients that compounding can often eliminate. Additionally, a customized dosage and form reduce exposure to unnecessary quantities of a drug, reducing side effects.
- Reduced risk of dependency. Compounded medications reduce the risk of dependency on pain medications by utilizing reduced dosages and alternative forms (such as topical medications as opposed to ingestible medications).
- Simpler administration. Altering the flavor of a drug may make it easier for children and pets to take. Compounding medications can be designed to be more palatable so that it is easier for the patient to ingest. For individuals who are taking multiple pills, compounding can combine similar drugs into one dosage for increased simplicity.
- Access to inaccessible drugs. Patients are able to fill their prescriptions even when a drug is discontinued, out of stock, or temporarily unavailable.
- Alternative medication forms. For those who find it difficult to swallow capsules or pills, compounding can provide medication in alternate forms such as liquids, powders, or even topical options.
- A more personal experience. Due to the nature of their profession, compounding pharmacists often go above and beyond when it comes to customer care. Pharmacists utilize their knowledge and experience, coupled with your input, to produce medications that fit your needs and preferences.
Who Can Use Compound Prescriptions?
While compounded medications can be used by anyone who is seeking a customized medication, there are certain groups who stand to benefit more from compounded pharmacy products.
- Children and infants
It can be difficult to convince young children to take the medications they need, especially if the necessary drugs are only available in forms meant for adults. Pediatric compounding offers a solution. This can involve adding palatable flavoring to medications, adjusting dosage size, or finding a new form that a child is willing to take.
- Aging adults
Elderly adults are more likely to be taking a variety of medications; this may make the filling and administering prescriptions much more difficult. Elderly patients often come to rely on drugs that are no longer on the market, making compounding the only option. Compounding can also streamline medication by altering its form and dosage so that aging adults can enjoy healthier, simpler lives.
- At-risk individuals
Individuals with serious allergies or underlying medical conditions may find it difficult to take over-the-counter medications without experiencing complications. Compounding pharmacy technicians can remove unwanted ingredients.
When your furry friend is ill, pharmacists and veterinarians can work closely together to create valuable compounded drugs. This might be something as simple as adding flavoring to a liquid medication to ensure your pet takes it. When no approved product is available to alleviate your pet’s suffering, a veterinarian may turn to a compounding pharmacy to find something that will help.
Eldahmy Wellness Pharmacy – We Offer the Care You Need
Here at Eldahmy Wellness Pharmacy, we’re united by a single goal: to provide the most comprehensive, high-quality, and personal care for you.
Our family-owned and local company operates in the beautiful communities of Barrio Logan and La Jolla and continues to grow across the county. Even with amazing technology and machinery, we know that our facilities are useless without equally qualified technicians.
We strive to employ only the best to ensure accuracy and precision in all that we do. While our state-of-the-art laboratories allow us to direct our focus to create quality medications, the highly skilled and specialized technicians on our team are what make us the best. Our pharmacists constantly strive to remain up to date on current pharmacy practices so that we can provide the best care for you.
Providing quality compounded medications isn’t the only way we can help you. Our services also include:
- Fast and free medication delivery
- Caregiver support
- Prescription management plans
- Medication disposal services
- Community education events
- Medication reconciliation
- Chronic care management
Our Promise – A Compounding Pharmacy In La Jolla That Puts You First
You’re unique and your health plan is, too. Whether you need compounded medications, want to become better educated about your health, or are looking for help managing your condition, we’re here for you.
The skilled technicians at our compounding pharmacy individually prepare medications to ensure that you receive a personalized treatment that caters to your needs and desires.
Our goal is to provide the care you need so you can live the life you want. We’re proud to offer a variety of services, vitamins, supplements, and compounding options that will help you achieve your goals. We strive to make your life easier by providing fast and free delivery services as well as multiple language options.
When it comes to meeting your needs, there’s no better pharmacy than Eldahmy. Contact us today to learn more about our services and how we can help you.